All Variety expansion screws are available also with the patented "click" feature to prevent unwanted reversing:
- Variety click Mini – 8
- Variety click SP (small palate) Mini – 8
- Variety click Maxi – 12
- Variety click SP (small palate) Maxi – 12
The "click" feature is the ideal screw locking device during the active treatment phase: It allows reliable activation/deactivation of the screw with a clearly perceptible "click" after a quarter turn. This offers a high degree of security for both the orthodontist and the patient.
Both the Variety click Mini and the Variety click Maxi expansion screws were developed initially for use in the mandible. They can however also be used for early palatal expansion in the maxilla.
The compact design makes it comfortable for the patient to wear and the clever construction increases safety. The end result is one of success.
Particularly noteworthy as far as the function is concerned:
- the laser-welded arms are not only biocompatible, they are also capable of bearing a high mechanical load
- 2 arms instead of 4, thereby opening up numerous application options.
With these 2 arms, the Variety expansion screw can be used for many forms of treatment in the mandible and in the maxilla, for example for the following indications:
- distalization and mesialization of the posterior teeth
- osseodistraction in the mandible
uprighting, expansion, rotation and torque of the molars
- early palatal expansion in the maxilla