The Sabbagh Universal Spring - SUS² - is a telescope appliance with an internal spring for universal intermaxillary use. It provides a perfect alternative for patients with compliance issues. The SUS² acts with constant, gentle forces on the temporomandibular joint, and can help to avoid the need for some extractions and dysgnathic surgery.
- ventral jumping of the bite for correcting distoclusions (activator effect, Herbst effect)
- molar distalization (headgear substitute)
- space closing (aplasia)
- dentoalveolar compensation of the occlusion (elastics substitute)
- temporomandibular dysfunction (repositioning effect)
- unilateral distoclusion / laterognathia
See all the advantages of using the SUS²
- Universal application with only one size that fits all patients
- Easy handling and installation within only a few minutes
- Easy and secure attachment to the archwire
- Various types of activation for different indications:
SUS² as a spring: you can use the optional turbo-spring if higher forces are required or if dental calculus has hindered the function of the inner spring.
SUS² as a hinge: activation with slotted spacers (1 mm / 2 mm) crimped on the telescope rod.
- Improved patient hygiene with corrosion-resistant materials and an internal spring
- Excellent patient acceptance & comfort with flexible movement of the lower jaw
- Gentle and constant forces along with bracket-therapy allow for shorter treatment time (only about 6 months)