Hans Peter Winkelstroeter with his wife Lieselotte took over the company in a time of economic crisis. Gold was scarce,
and different materials were sought for dentistry. The introduction of non-precious metal dental alloys under the name
remanit® laid the foundation for the remanium® alloys, which are now used worldwide. The factory in Pforzheim
was totally destroyed shortly before the end of the Second World War, and in October 1945 Dentaurum had only
29 employees. The Winkelstroeter family rebuilt the company over the following years and in 1953 they were able
to move into new production facilities in Pforzheim.